In an effort to keep our members up-to-date on recent activity in the community, we have various email notifications. By default, members are opted in for all types, however, you can customize your preferences at anytime.
To update your notification settings, sign in to CBANC. Then hover over your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner, select "Account Settings" from the dropdown menu. Next, select "Notifications" tab. From this screen, you can adjust the email settings.
Here is a quick list of the different types of emails that CBANC sends to you:
- CBANC News - periodic emails about the latest news and updates about CBANC including new features and offers.
- CBANC Education - a periodic email notification about upcoming web education events offered by CBANC.
- New Followers - an email whenever someone else in the community follows you.
- Weekly Activity - an email that includes how your reputation in the community has changed based on your contributions.
- Direct Messages - an email whenever you have a new direct message from someone in the community.
- For each group in the community that you participate in, there are 3 ways to receive emails:
- New Discussions - a real-time email notification each time someone in the community starts a new Discussion. These can be numerous on an active day.
- New Documents - a real-time email notification each time someone uploads a new document to CBANC. These can be numerous on an active day.
- Group Digest - a daily or weekly email highlighting recent questions and documents posted in the groups you're a part of in the community. We recommend setting it to 'Daily'.
- Topic weekly digest - a weekly email that includes content from the previous week for topics you're subscribed to. To subscribe to more topics, go to 'Topics' and click the subscribe button for each topic that interests you.
- Alerts - an immediate email when new content matches the keywords and phrases that interest you. To add Alerts, hover over your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner, select "Account Settings" from the dropdown menu. Next, select "Alerts" tab. We recommend using the topic tags you're interested in as keywords because there are times when people don't accurately tag the content they are posting. You can also use particular keywords or phrases that aren't covered by the topic tags we have.
Email notifications are an optional feature of CBANC and are not required in order to participate in the community. If you do not wish to receive any of these emails, simply turn them off or unsubscribe directly from the email.
If you need help editing your preferences, send us a message and we'll be happy to assist further.